Online Orton-Gillingham Tutor
We are growing! Literacy Untangled, a private practice, specializes in working 1:1 with students with dyslexia. We are seeking like-minded individuals; individual who have a passion for teaching struggling readers how to read and can think on their feet, all while building strong, long lasting relationships with their students. The majority of our students range from 2nd – 8th grade, but we have had students on either end of that range.
This will be challenging, rewarding work with students you meet with multiple times a week online, over a minimum of a one-year period. Over this time period, you will be able to see and take joy in their small and large successes.
You set your own schedule, but please keep in mind most students will request after-school sessions during the school year. Your students will come from across the US (EST-PST time zones) and, on occasion, Europe.
You will have the following qualifications:
- Orton-Gillingham training at the Associate Level or equivalent
- Possess a solid understanding of language-based learning disabilities, especially dyslexia
- Degree in education or, preferably, special education
- At least two years of experience working with special education students as either a teacher or tutor
- Must be able to commit to a regular session schedule for at least a full calendar year
- Ability to apply multi-sensory, diagnostic, and prescriptive approach to 1:1 instruction
- Experience creating lessons specific to students’ needs
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and their families
- Computer literacy/technologically savvy in order to work virtually (essential)
If you are:
- Encouraging, patient, upbeat
- Organized, an independent worker
- An excellent communicator
- Always ready to try something new and learn new things
- …Then we want to hear from you!
Compensation for 50-minute clinical hour sessions is commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, Orton-Gillingham certificate and 3 professional references to Jennie Sjursen ( jennie at literacyuntangled.com ).
We also require a 20-minute video clip of you delivering an online session (with a student or another adult in that role).